Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Brassed Off!

Yellow blond before, cool blond after.
I stay on top of my hair color pretty well, so I've never had a good way to photograph one of my favorite hair products before until now. I know a lot of blonds can have a hard time keeping their platinum tresses from turning to brass, so here's my little secret! Aveda's Blue Malva.

It's a colored conditioner with a pretty potent purple pigment in it. Kind of like Manic Panic's Virgin Snow dye the lilac toned neutralize the brassy yellows for a nice cool blonde. I've used a few different conditioners like this one such as John Freda's, but liked this best because it made my hair softer, and seems to have quite a bit more pigment in it.

I was originally put off by it because it is a little pricey, but the nice thing I found is because it's so strong I don't need to use it every day, in fact I tend to only use it once or maybe twice a week tops, usually if I'm taking a long shower, so one bottle usually lasts me about 2 months or there about.

Yesterday I pulled out some old hair pieces I made a while back, and used the Blue Malva to tone one of the pieces to match my current hair (or a bit closer, the wefts I used were darker than my current hair), so you can see the difference! (both pieces are from the same weft only one hasn't been conditioned, the other has) I don't do a lot of product reviews but after seeing my 2 hair pieces side by side I thought it might be useful for any other blondes out the fighting the brass!

So there you go, for all the people who have asked in the past how i get my hair the color it usually is, that's how!

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try that! Right now, I'm using Shiny Silver Ultra and it's okay but I'd like to try something stronger. Thanks for the tip! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried that one yet, but this one is pretty strong! I don't know if I already said or not, but I'm loving your new blond hair!

    ReplyDelete

 

Based on layout and code by Lena